"Pray for him like Hannah prayed for Samuel"

That was advice given to me when Geoffrey, now 17, was just an infant. I remember being fascinated by the comment, as I held baby Geoffrey. I was able to control everything about Geoffrey's life at that point.

The statement has floated through my mind consistenly as we've added children, and as the children have aged. Like Hannah prayed for Samuel. The mother who wanted a child so badly, she was willing to keep him only for a short amount of years, then release him to God's service in the temple.

Geoffrey is currently in Germany, suffering the effects of a concussion he received right before he left. He's having a hard time having to step out of some activities. He biked yesterday but his head was really bothering him. Tomorrow they plan to go hiking & he's concerned how he will do, but doesn't want to stay behind & I can't blame him at all.

JoyLynn's broken arm is on the mend. But, she must have pushed herself a bit too far yesterday/this morning as she's been in a decent amount of pain today.

We're waiting on a referral to Children's Hospital in Seattle for Kebrom & were told we might as well take Atsede while we're there.

We're still waiting on healing for my Mom. God heals, but why not every time.

So there's physical pain.

Then, I'm constantly wondering what A&K's birthmom is thinking. Their birthfather was killed late July of last year, and I can tell I think about that a lot. A year ago their life was normal!

There's emotional pain.

Pray for my children like Hannah prayed for Samuel. Deeply. Heartfelt. At personal sacrifice.

Comments

Popular Posts