I always wondered

if a child broke a bone, would I know if it was broken. When JoyLynn came crying into the house, with her arm in an 's' shape, there was no doubt. Paul was on the way home as I was on the way to the ER with her, on a pillow & bag of frozen peas.

The ER staff was wonderful; both bones were broken all the way through. But, away from her growth plates (and her growth plates are still open, hurray, she was worried she'd be 4'10"!)

Summer isn't the funnest time to be in a big cast. We're all very much looking forward to July 6th when the orthopedist will take another look, and hopefully give her a smaller cast.

Atsede had a hard time with all the commotion. It seems to have a set her back. Yesterday went better than Sat/Sun, so maybe we're back on track.

I thought it was such a great idea to take the microwave that broke on Sunday (and yes, apparently I AM addicted to my microwave) and give it to Kebrom to play with. The boy loves buttons! I hear shouts of NO, ATSEDE's, JOYLYNN...etc, coming from the other room. Microwave might have to be pitched for my sanity!

Comments

Popular Posts