Have you heard the song "I Saw What I Saw"



This song is on our adoption play list, that we would play over & over as we waited & prayed for Atsede & Kebrom. Then, after we were holding them in our arms, the words would echo through my mind, because, yes...their pain has changed me. Now that we know them better, we understand the expressions in so many of the photos over the last several months, were expressions filled with pain. That first day, I look at their faces & ache for how afraid they must have been. Would we leave them to?
This song will always remind me of Addis.

I saw what I saw and I can't forget it
I heard what I heard and I can't go back
I know what I know and I can't deny it

Something on the road, cut me to the soul

Your pain has changed me
your dream inspires
your face a memory
your hope a fire
your courage asks me what I'm afraid of
(what I am made of)
and what I know of love

we've done what we've done and we can't erase it
we are what we are and it's more than enough
we have what we have but it's no substitution

Something on the road, touched my very soul

I say what I say with no hesitation
I have what I have and I'm giving it up
I do what I do with deep conviction

Something on the road, changed my world

Comments

  1. Oh yes indeed. I recognize those eyes, and they break my heart. But they will brighten! I have complete faith that they will!

    Praying for quick and blessed transitions for your whole family, and especially for your new little ones... May they always treasure their first family for getting them started; love their forever family for taking them the rest of the way; and praise God for his faithfulness in every step of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thanks for the song recommendation. I hadn't heard it, but I looked it up, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts