What did I do before?

Life has been crazy busy, in a good way. How did we ever live without these 2 little ones? Right now, both are snuggled up with Dad & he's reading Atsede's favorite book 'Go, Dog Go.' Kebrom's favorite, were Geoffrey's favorite when he was 3, the Trucks & Tractor's Usborne books.

Kebrom had his first injury this evening, fell on the bridge, split his lower lip & bit his tongue. It was swollen & bloody (currently looking much better). Somehow, Kebrom perceived it was JoyLynn's fault he fell. He was sitting in my lap, and every 30 seconds or so, he'd say 'JoyLynn' in a very grumpy tone & point at her. If any other family member would come in the room, he'd point to his lip, then at JoyLynn just to make certain everyone understood it was HER fault. Not that he holds a grudge or anything.

We've had a week with hardly any tantrums. Maybe a little humming...but snap right out of, thankfully.

This morning was the first time I needed to get Atsede, Kebrom & JoyLynn out of the house without help. Kyra & Brenna were at piano lessons, Paul had dropped them off. Just let me say, I under-estimated how much help my beautiful Brenna & Kyra are! They are amazing!

After I was finally able to wake up JoyLynn & Atsede (those girls are HARD sleepers), JoyLynn cared for the lambs & dog. I got everyone dressed, at least a little food, shoes, only running 5 minutes late...at the car, Atsede tried to tell me she wasn't going to sit in the back seat (a common discussion that typically ends in her crying; I win), I think I growled, "oh please, not today!" Atsede got very quiet for about 2 full seconds, then climbed right in the car. WOOHOO!!

JoyLynn is a wonderful big sister, but is experiencing some struggles of not being the youngest anymore, especially when the little ones don't behave as she would prefer. Atsede is big on JoyLynn sharing ALL of her things, but doesn't really believe that should be a two way street.

Last night, when I got home from Pampered Chef, Atsede climbed in my lap & snuggled for the longest time. She missed me...that's a good thing!

Kebrom snuggled in my lap for the longest time after he woke up from his nap, love those snuggles.

Today, I believe for the first time, we walked to Nana's & all children saw Nana & RAN straight to her. Kebrom went right past her to get the toy car, but Atsede did give her a big hug.

Things we've learned this week, we should have bought stock in Softsoap for the number of times hands are washed daily around here, and, if given a choice, Atsede & Kebrom would live off of Nutra grain bars & bananas!

Comments

Popular Posts