What will they be losing?

Yesterday, I picked up the newest batch of photos from Walgreens. We'd chosen several of this adoptive families sightseeing pictures, with scenery from the Tigray region of Ethiopia (where A&K are from). It was pretty on the computer screen, but in a print, oh my, it's is BEAUTIFUL!!! And, so very, very different from here.

It's left me thinking and pondering, exactly what A&K will be leaving behind. When we moved from Washington to Montana, I was excited, but I did grieve leaving all I'd ever known about weather. Will they feel the same way? Will they be old enough to voice it?

We've been reading the journals that a few adoptive parents have graciously posted upon their return about their first few days with their children. The 13 month old, so filled with grief at the change, he wouldn't drink anything from his bottle. It worked out, but it has been a good reminder for me, of the grief A&K will undoubtedly experience. We pray God will prepare their hearts for us, and for Montana. And the He will turn their grieving into joy.

Comments

  1. Excellent thoughts...that has been very much on my heart too. I am grieving for them.

    Your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about that!I wonder...I hope that even if they do greive they will learn to love Montana with all of their hearts.
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts