Craig's List & Blindside

Well, Beth was totally right. You can get great deals on Craig's list, or at least, we got one great deal. We bought a chest of drawers, woohoo, our first official furniture purchase for A&K. Now, the chest is quite a bit taller than we expected, a good thing, so it might end up being Kyra's & A&K will get the one that Kyra is using, that, incidentally, was mine when I was little!!

We spent the day today at a 3 on 3 basketball tourney in Drummond. Drummond is a great town, class C...their halls have photos of graduating classes going WAY back. JoyLynn did fantastic in her first 3 on 3...so fun to watch her. Kyra's team had a more difficult bracket, but still very fun to watch. Gotta figure out how to load photos onto this thing!

JoyLynn & I made Paul & Geoffrey watch Blindside with us tonight. Just like the first time, I loved it. Though, I cried way more this time than last time. I cried, that so many people walked by a boy who needed a coat...and wondered, if I would have passed him by also. I cried for the young people in the projects...who don't have a way out, or have given up. I cried over Leann realizing Michael was changing her more than she was saving him. And, I hugged my JoyLynn so tight, so grateful she's changing me, more than I'm changing her.

Love my kids. God bless A&K as they sleep!!

Comments

Popular Posts