Enough stretching already!

We got an email today, that says the Ethiopian government is changing its procedures for all adoptions effective, today, March 10, 2010. They will now require all adoptive parents to travel twice, to appear in court, and then for the US/visa embassy appointment. We have no idea how this will affect timing; but, it would explain why no court dates have been recently issued.

On this past Saturday, we received a copy of a new procedure instituted by the United States, that all Ethiopian adoptions will be investigated (whereas before, only investigated if there were red flags). I wasn't too concerned about this one, as we reasoned, how could they possibly investigate them all...just not enough time.

But, both of these things on top of each other...are leaving me feeling frustrated and sad. I just want A&K home already! Did God not hear me this morning, or any of the last couple hundred days? Does He remember what we've been through already, and how good it felt to finally be getting close? Has He not seen us replaying the video and fondling our pictures? Did He forget, we thought we'd figured out answers to all contingencies? I feel quite unprepared for dealing with this new reality. I realize God is ultimately in control, and I need to be content with His timing. I'm working on it, at least I'm not crying or eating chocolate...come to think of it, where is that bag of M&M's anyway?

Comments

Popular Posts