Traffic jam in the kitchen!!

JL on plasma car, Atsede on the trike & Kebrom manning the child size wheelbarrow (packed full with stuff, I might add). If I hear a 'beep, beep' from Kebrom, I JUMP out of his way :) They've done a good job taking turns, though we seem to have about one crying episode a day over the items. Hopefully that will fade away.

A year ago today Atsede & Kebrom's birthfather was killed. The date, as I've mentioned before, has been haunting to me. No longer will the thought cross my mind, 'a year ago their lives were normal.' The year timeframe is over. I shudder to think about what their lives were like between his death and when they were relinquished to the care center. The line of poverty in Ethiopia is something we here, in the US, cannot even begin to understand.

Definately our visit to Addis changed me. I don't want to forget what it was like. I can't imagine God can forget. We met a wonderful lady, Joy, who works with Youth with a Mission. Her office is in Puyallup, Washington (she was so surpised I could pronounce AND spell it!). Their website is www.ywamethiopia.com They have some prgrams worth mentioning. Sponsoring a child to stay in their families. Buying a donkey, goat or sheep to encourage self-sustainable living. They have a start up program to help start business...check it out!

Comments

Popular Posts