One step back

I'm all good with the two steps forward part...it's the one step back that gets me. Paul confessed to me yesterday, "I feel like we're seeing behavior we haven't seen since Addis." Definately more 'I deserve' type actions...coming across as very spoiled. Lots of tears if A&K don't get what they think they ought to.

We'd had such a good week or two. Each time, I know I must be thinking we're over the hump. But on a positive side, even when they throw a fit or cry for silly reasons, they are snapping out of it quickly. We're still dealing with 'care center mentality' of all things must be equal, regardless of age. Catch myself saying, 'he's big, you're little.' Somehow the 4 year old thinks she should have the same privileges as the 12 year old.

Caught myself saying to Paul, 'I don't deserve to be treated this way.' HA! What a hypocrite I am. I'm chastising Atsede for her 'I deserve' attitude, yet I'm having the same thoughts. Caught myself thinking, we turned our world upside down for you. Went into debt, can't do many of things we normally do in summer...and you don't even appreciate it.

Wonder what God thinks when He looks at this world. He gave his Son.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts