Kebrom is sleeping in my lap

He's in the phase of, if we put him down for a nap he doesn't want to go to sleep at night, but our afternoons are pretty rough if he stays awake. It's nice when he gets a 20 minute or so catnap in the car. He feel asleep in my lap, which is REALLY rare. BUT, I know where he is & what he's doing, and he's not getting into trouble.

He loves to turn things, take things apart. You know, mess with the shut off valve under the sink, remove lids from car tire air valves, stick his finger in the gears in the car door so the door won't shut, he'll even take flipping the light switches on & off. Most of the time endearing, sometimes exasperating.

Atsede still loves all things girl. She has a definate opinion on what she should wear. She's pretty good about changing if our views differ, but not without letting me know she's unimpressed. She did help Kebrom pick up all the blocks, and then let me know exactly how many she picked up & how many he did.

I've come to the conclusion their language skills are not where I thought they'd be at this point. I thought Atsede understood basically everything we would say, but now I'm not so sure. Kebrom is speaking more Tigrinia this week than he has in a while, not sure where that all came from.

My older children are so good with the little ones. I do catch myself feeling guilty at times, for how their lives have changed. It's a new life, but it is different from our life before. There are sacrifices, and there are blessings. Everything in life is a trade off for sure, and nothing comes without a price.

Comments

Popular Posts