Kebrom's Prayers

Have you heard that story, of when a man got to heaven, an angel showed him 2 rooms of his prayers. One was full of wants & requests...and the other had just a few items in it...the thank you room.

Listening to Kebrom's prayers is a GOOD reminder of all I have to be thankful for. All he does, is list...

Thank you for Atsede (she's always first). Thank you for Daddy's car, thank you for Mommy's car, thank you for Papa's truck, thank you for (horse) trailer, thank you for Daddy, thank you for Mommy, thank you for Geoffrey, thank you for Brenna, thank you for Kyra, thank you for JoyLynn,

His prayer often varies at this point, from what we've done in the day. Tonight he added,

Thank you for Grandpa, thank you for Grandma, thank you for llama, thank you for sheep, thank you for family, thank you for house. AMEN!!

Tonight, Kebrom is sleeping in his new shoes, for which he was very thankful & excited, and has not taken off since he received them. White/black Nike hi-tops.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for my Kebrom, Atsede, Paul, Geoffrey, Brenna, Kyra & JoyLynn. May I never forget all I have to be thankful for. Please heal Grandma. Please let my children's faith be strengthened through this. I trust what you are doing, even though I do not understand it.
Katrina

Comments

  1. Thank you Katrina, for making me cry today :-) Wonderful blog and good reminder. I don't understand God either, but I must remember to be thankful for everything I have, and not want so much for what I don't have. I love you and all the kiddos God has seen fit to let me be auntie to!

    Serena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts