Tis the Season!

The family is enjoying a lot of Christmas 'firsts' together. Brenna decorated the tree, well the entire house, by herself the day after Thanksgiving. Atsede & Kebrom think they helped...but not so sure about that.

First Christmas songs. Atsede's current favorite is "I Need a Silent Night" by Amy Grant, and Kebrom's favorite is "Santa Baby," and no, I'm not too concerned, as it's the 'bah boom, bah boom's' at the beginning that he likes.

We watched their first Christmas movies, "White Christmas" and "Elf." Looking forward to sharing the claymation classics with them.

They had their first taste of candy canes yesterday. We saw them in the grocery store today & Atsede said, loudly, "I LOVE CANDY!!! LIKE THOSE"

Atsede asks me, nearly every day, if she's going to like Christmas. And, every day, I tell her yes.

Chocolate advent calendars were a hit, but Kebrom right away opened several doors & ate them. None of which were the right doors for the day.

Kyra reads them the Norwegian advent calendar (Great Aunt Thelma made for us years ago) with the Christmas story broken down into 25 sections each day.

Both kids are completely into going through toy ads & circling what they want on their Christmas lists. I threw the Target one away as nearly every single toy had been circled.

Brenna has been amazing at reading them Christmas stories, and teaching them Christmas Bible verses.

I haven't had time to wrap the gifts I have hidden in my closet, wonder what they'll think when those are under the tree.

It's fun to see everything new through their eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts