6 months home

Can you believe it? November 29th marked 6 months home.

This morning, I put a photo on the fridge of the 9 year old girl we are sponsoring through Hope Chest, of course, calling all the children to admire her photo. Explained that shortly we'll be able to write her, etc. "Why can't we adopt her, instead of sponsoring her?" asked JoyLynn. The child that for 9 years was the baby of the family. The child whom the adoption of Atsede & Kebrom affected the very most.

"Yes, can we adopt her? We need more kids from Ethiopia!" Chimed in Atsede. The same child, that 6 months ago would not look me in the eye. The child who has struggled to let herself love us. The child who is learning adoption is a GOOD thing, that she is part of our family forever, that we love her.

Kebrom was oblivious to the conversation, the conversation that warmed my heart. The chatter that still brings a smile to my face when I replay it in my mind. Our family is becoming a family UNIT again, as compared to what we were and what we added.

Comments

Popular Posts