Christmas things

are so much fun being seen through new eyes.

'Frosty the Snowman' got rave reviews, big smiles.
'Rudolph' Atsede & Kebrom didn't like so much...too scary.
'Elf' and 'White Christmas' were big hits. Every once in a while, Atsede will sing, 'I wash my hair with snow,' too cute.

Chocolate advent calendar...HUGE thumbs up. Well, except today, now that Kebrom has somehow managed to eat them all rather than saving one per day. He has to watch while the other kids open the next door.

First snowman outside, great fun. Montana snow isn't usually good for snowmen, too dry...but they built a great one. Atsede was telling my good friend Candace & showing her the snowman, 'except now his head jumped off.' It's true, the snow man is currently headless.

Sledding...great fun. Atsede took a tumble & one of her baby teeth got knocked right out, root & all. It didn't seem to diminish her relish for sledding (hopefully now she'll go feet first though). She has decided some days, it's just too cold, though. She'd rather stay inside & be warm.

For presents under the tree...we wrap each child's gifts in a different wrapping paper. It started out years ago for little ones who couldn't read the tags...saved me LOTS of questions over the years. Atsede & Kebrom have totally figured that out. Atsede & JoyLynn are concerend I'm not doing any more shopping, as their piles are much smaller. Not to worry...just not enough time.

Atsede & Kebrom seem to be getting the concept of it's better to give than to receive. They each have 'purchased' a few presents, can't believe it was just a short time ago I was trying to explain that concept to Atsede & she kept looking at me like I was nuts.

Atsede seems to have a 100% complete grasp of the English language. Recently, I told her she should put her toys away. A while later, noticed the toys out. "Atsede, I told you to put those away." She said, 'No you didn't. You said I SHOULD put them away & I didn't want too." Well, guess who just raised the bar on her accountability of the English language!!

She was telling me a story about a Barbie, and she told me 'She don't like it.' I corrected her, 'you mean, she doesn't like it' Atsede hollered with a horrified look on her face, 'YES SHE DO.' We're still not sure if she does or doesn't like it.

Comments

  1. HI, Katrina and Paul:
    What a beautiful family!
    Looks like everyone is having a good time at Christmas.
    The little one seems to have some of the same habits as
    our Tamirat.
    Happy New Year!

    Dick and Angie Palin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts