'Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving'


Shouted from the living, that's what I awakened to. My teenage daughters, right along with my brown skinned beauties. Atsede & Kebrom are so excited, even though they don't know for what...they can tell it's going to be good. Excited to go to Nana's, excited for the food, TURKYE, (huge progress, when just a few months ago they didn't want to try anything new).

We're so thankful today, that are children are all here under our roof. Last year, we were longing for our two new additions. Now, we get to tuck them into bed at night, and listen to their cries of 'Happy Thanksgiving' in the morning.

Yet, my heart is struggling with gratefulness in other areas. Lord, I believe, help my unbelief. Help me to be truly thankful for all things, even the painful ones. Help me to be okay with waiting for healing, when I'd like to see evidence of it.

It looks like Geoffrey will be sitting out his senior season of basketball. His headaches from the concussions have returned. He's discouraged. I knew it was a possibility he wouldn't be able to play, but I can tell with how I'm dealing with it, I didn't think it a REAL possibility. Maybe miss the beginning of the season, but not miss it completely. God can see the entire parade, where I'm just peeking through a hole in the fence; I'd really like to know what's coming next. I know God has the power of healing, just continue to wonder whether we'll get to see first hand evidence of that.

My mom, as of yet, is still waiting for healing from her Lou Gehrig's disease. I'm thankful, to have another year. Last year we wondered if it was our last holiday season. Yet, I can tell I'm not at peace. It wakes me up during the night. The wondering why, the begging for healing, the pleading for peace.

I choose to be thankful, even when I don't feel thankful. My faith is not based on emotion. I choose to trust, even when I'm full of doubts. I ask for these situations to build my children's faith, and my faith, and not destroy it.

JoyLynn, in particular, struggles with why God doesn't seem to answer. Hard thing to answer, when I'm asking the same questions.

Lord, I believe, help my unbelief. I will give thanks to the Lord, for his mercy endures forever. I will give thanks for all things.

Even the ones I don't understand.

Comments

  1. Hi Katrina,
    Saw your blog link on the Post-Placement group. Your family is beautiful; I enjoyed reading your posts. Have a blessed day.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts