Do you ever wonder

how does God decide WHICH prayers to answer? It's a difficult thing to explain to a child, especially when I'm asking the same things.

Because let's face it, I'm being extremely reasonable (in my humble opinion) in what I'm petitioning for. My petitions are not contradicting scripture. And, my heartfelt desire has been "God, either change my desire or change my circumstances." Truly, I'd be fine with either. Reasonable, right?

And yes, I understand the whole theology behind every prayer is answered, but I'm not talking theology here. I'm thinking about reality. Where rubber meets the road...reality.

We're still praying for healing for little Kebrom. His treatments are scheduled to start this coming Monday. Injections, 3 times per week for 6 months. Weekly blood test. And, the biggest downsides: good chance he's going to feel like he has the flu, and I'm the one giving him the shots (he's going to LOVE me). Healing would be a GOOD THING in Mr. Mister's life. A small percentage of children who receive these injections are cleared of the disease. We're praying Kebrom falls into that category. Healed sounds REALLY good, right about now.

We have one child praying for a puppy. One child praying for ability to go back to private school. Family praying for grandparent with health problems. Me? Currently praying for peace. Sanity would be nice, joy would be a HUGE bonus.

Comments

Popular Posts