Homecoming Parade

was last Saturday. Missoula is still small town; we love it. Just about the entire town turns out for the parade, either in it, or watching it.

I'd been very much looking forward to taking the kids. We missed last year because of 0 degree weather, other than that, we've been there. It's always nostalgic to me, I remember the first time we took Geoffrey, just a little guy. I remember going when I was pregnant with Kyra & my coat could hardly zip up.

Even though we didn't actually attend the parade last year, I remember wondering about the children God would bring to our family, and imagine taking them to parades in the future.

I was not let down.

We staked out a portion of roadfront, with Uncle Steve & his boys, were there a good hour before the parade began, got coffee & scones from a local shop. Atsede & Kebrom thought playing in the grass with cousins, MUST be the parade.

As the crowds thickened, we moved right up front...and as the University Band came by, my eyes filled with tears, as I stood behind Kebrom & watched his head bob to the music (couldn't see his face, with the hood to his sweatshirt over his head as he likes to wear it, if it's 40 degrees or 80). I couldn't see Atsede well either, as she stood hand in hand with cousin Larissa. More cousins, Nana & Uncle Mark & Aunt Noelle joined us. The kids pressed forward, straining to see what was coming next.

By the end, A&K were totally getting into getting the candy. Kebrom loved it, but was overwhelmed by much. His special favorites were the cars & anything mechanical. Atsede loved anything involved in free candy. She dash right up to whoever was handing it out (someone in the parade gave her a big red bag), she'd open her bag & look with those big eyes. As you can imagine, she made off with a HUGE pile of candy. Kebrom put all his candy into Larissa's bag, which worked out well. The boy doesn't do well with lots of sugar (or caffeine for that matter, but that's another story).

The kids had a more difficult couple of days after the parade, great deal of stimulation still has its sideaffects. I feel very blessed we're passed the waiting & wondering stages, and onto experiencing real life.

Comments

Popular Posts