Christmas Photo



Christmas was a very fun 24 hours. I've been terrible about updating the blog & didn't even write a Christmas letter. The letter kept sounding so depressing, and we have so much to be grateful for, that we skipped it!!

Kebrom's shots continue. We're on week 15 of 26...over half way, FINALLY! They increased the dose & he seems to be adjusting. The poor kid often is missing any 'self check' ability. For instance, hmmm, I feel like kicking at the puppy. Instead of realizing what a poor choice that is...he KICKS the puppy!! We were in a store & I got a flat out tantrum on the floor/had to be carried out, when he didn't get his way. Very uncharacteristic of Kebrom under normal circumstances. We've been told these side effects go away when treatment ends. These side effects began coming on in week 7, I recall saying to the nurse, AFTER the 26 weeks!!??!! The staff at Children's we've dealt with have been wonderful. We go back in 3 months.

Atsede grew another 1/2" or so, putting her well over the 6" mark. She's getting that 'look' kids get before they grow again, waiting for that to happen at any time. She loved Christmas and is quite ready to do the entire thing again.

JoyLynn broke her thumb during PE at school right before Christmas break. She's sporting a hot pink cast & an incredible attitude. The doc thought just 3 weeks & she'll be out, and off & running again. Thankfully, they were able to do a waterproof cast right off the bat, makes bathing ever so much easier. She got a sewing machine from Grandpa for Christmas & is very anxious to put it to use.

Kyra has been amazing training her new puppy. He still has accidents on occasion, but not too many. He does think he should be able to get up onto the furniture at his discretion, working on that one too. Kyra & JoyLynn did an amazing version of "I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas" for family on Christmas Eve.

Brenna has been my cooking buddy lately. Fudge, failed Divinity (twice) and more...makes it so much more fun to do with someone. Love listening to her play the piano. Books (her dog) loves Brenna more than ever, but has decided Geoffrey is a close second.

Geoffrey finished his first semester at the U, and is so anxious to see his grades! Only one in so far. He stayed home when we took Kebrom to Seattle, fed all the animals, took care of Books & studied for finals. Very good timing for us to be gone, actually. He's coaching JV basketball at Valley Christian. He's a pleasure to have around. Still grateful he stayed home for college.

We made 89 Christmas wreaths to help Brenna earn the rest of the funds she needed for the Germany/Austria missions trip she'll be going on this summer. That is, if Paul can actually let her go. Her plane ticket is purchased...she's so very excited.

Paul & I do our best to keep up with everyone. Last night, I think we were in bed shortly after Kebrom & Atsede, just after 8. Doesn't happen too often. We were able to see my Dad for a few days before Christmas when we drove Kebrom out to Children's. Christmas without my mom was much harder than I anticipated. I know, what was I thinking?? I just thought being in Montana, it wouldn't be so bad. I have discovered, it was mom I called when I just needed to vent about something. Gotta figure out a new way of dealing with life when I've worked myself up into a complete tissy.

Life goes on & we very much look forward to 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts